Thursday, May 6, 2010

Where Did The Time Go?!?!

Since I have shown a consistent pattern of only posting once every several months, I figured now would be as good of a time as any.  A LOT has gone on with our family so I'll try to update on everything.  I'm sorry that I don't have pictures on this post.  I haven't unpacked my camera :)

ADEN:  Aden played his first year of basketball this year.  He was a lot of fun to watch but had to be constantly reminded to dribble the ball when running down the court.  I wish that I would have taped some of his games.  It possibly could have won me $10,000.  Aden also turned 9 on March 16th!! I cannot believe how time how flown by.  Aden is such a great kid.  He was a desire to help (sometimes too much), does not know a stranger (bought a baby outfit for the school janitors new baby), and loves to get dirty.  Aden can make friends with a flag pole if he wanted to.  I love that kid!! 

KELSY: Kelsy is loving the 7th grade.  She has become a social butterfly and has really grown up this year.  She struggles a little in school but works so hard.  She has started to take piano lessons from her grandma and has done very well with it.  Kelsy also had a birthday in March.  She turned 13 on March 28th.  I love this girl more than she will ever know!  She has a heart of gold and tries to do what she knows is right.  I don't know if I am ready for her to start driving in the next few years but hopefully I have enough time to prepare :)

DOUG and BECKIE:  Doug and I have mostly just been busy shuttling kids around and making sure they are taken care of.  We have both been working and trying to juggle our schedules.  We were just called to serve in the Nursery again in our new ward and could not be happier!!  We LOVE to work in the Nursery! 

We were able to have my parents come to town at the end of March.  My Mom had been sick before they came down but felt that she was on the mend so they went ahead and made the journey down here.  By the time they got here, both my Mom and Dad were very sick.  We took them to the InstaCare on the Sunday afternoon that they were here.  Mom had bronchitis and pneumonia.  Dad had bronchitis and a sinus infection.  Their trip was extended by a day so that they could heal a little.  Even though they were sick while they were here, we were happy that they could come.  We wish we could see them more often.

The next several weeks will also keep us busy.  Next weekend, the four of us are flying to Austin, Texas so that Kelsy can see her birth mom and her family.  It has been 5 years since she has seen her mom and 12 years since she has seen the rest of the family.  This will be a good opportunity for Kelsy to see where she was born and to see where she came from.  I'll  hopefully post pictures of the trip once we get back.  The kids also only have 3 weeks of school left before summertime.  The school year went WAY too fast this year.  This summer they will be busy with Girls' Camp (Kelsy, not Aden), the Frame Family Cousin Camp, and Cousin's Week at Granny Janny and Papa Butch's.  They are very excited for all that is planned.

Hopefully this updates you to the present time :)  I can't guarantee when I will post again but hopefully once we get home from Texas I will have more to post.

No comments: