Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

I got this idea from a friend of mine and love checking her blogs on Tuesday to see what she has to say this week. Here is my attempt.

#1: QOTD (Quote of the Day): In March, Aden turns 8 and will be baptized. Sunday night our Stake had "It's Great to Be 8." It is just a time for the kids and parents to learn what to expect come baptism day. We broke off into three different groups and went to a couple short classes. The last one that we went to talked about promises and covenants that we make when we are baptized. Our Bishop asked, "What things do you promise to do when you are baptized?" Of course all the little hands shot up. Some of the typical answers were keep the commandments, choose the right, etc. The last little boy to answer said "not say bad words." The Bishop agreed but then the little boy added to his comment, "My mom says them all the time." It makes me grateful that this was the one time that Aden decided to keep his mouth closed.

#2: Doug has been substitute teaching at local schools. Today he taught 5th grade. He sent me an email during the day telling me that he just finished teaching Math and "loved it." Who would have thought?

#3: Kelsy turns 12 in March. I don't think she realizes how much fun she will have. She gets to go to girl's camp, on a Pioneer Trek, Young Women's, etc.

#4: I'm glad we found no mouse poop. Saturday we started cleaning the house. There is a little room under the stairs that the kids have been dying to use as a playroom. It had never been cleaned out before we moved in so it has been off limits. It was GROSS. Aden begged me on Saturday and the two of started to clean it. Doug joined in about and we ended up spending about 4 hours cleaning it! We ended up finding a kid's tent and a really nice duffle bag. We threw them in the wash and they are as good as new...and the kids are enjoying their new playroom.

#5: Doug has found his new specialty in the kitchen. He made chili a couple of months, tweaked it just right, and it only gets better!! Nothing beats having your husband make dinner.

#6: It isn't even the 15th of January, and I already have an appointment setup to do my Visiting Teaching. There is a first for everything.

#7: For Christmas I got a gift card for Target in order to get new curtains or rugs for my house. I have no eye for coordinating & decorating. I need help. Any ideas?

#8: I'm ready for spring. I'm tired of the snow. I'm tired of the ice. I'm ready to plant a garden. I'm ready for flowers.

#9: Aden is a math wizard. He can do most adding and subtracting problems in his head. How do you get him to show his work?

#10: I discovered that it was actually very difficult to come up with 10 things to share in this blog. Hopefully next week will be easier.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

number eight -- i am in total agreement!

Unknown said...

Beckie your blog is super cute and I love that post! Thanks for your ideas on food storage, send that list over that would be awesome. kdemille78@comcast.net

We need to get the girls together for dinner soon :)

Unknown said...

Hey Beckie! Are you still in Utah, I forget? We are in Idaho and I can't believe welcoming our 3rd potato soon! You're kids are old, no more on the way? Wish I knew we were done.

FishinFamily said...

Hi! Look at your cute blog. You've been here for a while and I didn't realize it. =) Can you believe it's been 4 years?! That is crazy to think about the NICU again. Glad it's over.